Thursday 23 March 2017

The Hero

Its been a while for me without a muse to write
On a high scraper reflecting all of my fears and anxieties

I took a leap of faith and jumped on a new platform
I wore my heart on my sleeve and there you recognized me

As confident as confidence came
A star flew right across the sky and I couldn't ignore the signs

A hero in a regular suit with such dark prominent mesmerizing eyes
Came with a purpose to touch my heart and light up the dark skies

Days go by so quickly and things happen too fast 
We don't have the strength within us to hold on 

These moments even if we could be the only ones to know
we cannot choose the path for us right now

You taught me:
Life is how we make of the moments presented to us
We either treasure them or let it pass before our eyes

Most of us spend our whole lives searching and reasoning

instead of living in the now and making memories

We may never know what tomorrow brings
Whether we will live another day to tell tales of yesterday

So we live through today choosing the right kind of people
Trusting the choices we make without being afraid 

The Hero came at a certain time and lives within me now
Pulled me away from the chaos of the heart and calmed the rough ocean shores...

2 comments:

Will the real P please stand up! (Feb 2021-October 2023)

What is the use of feeling nostalgia when all I remember is not how hard he loved but rather how I was deceived? Looking back at the thousan...